At the intersection of FM 16 and Hwy 155, in northeastern Smith County, and just minutes from your new country homesite at Star Mountain is the quaint little town of Winona, Texas. Established in 1870 when the Winona Liberty Baptist Church was organized, Winona became a station on the Tyler Tap Railway seven years later in 1877, and a year later opened a post office. Since that time however, Winona has kept to its roots and remained a small, close-knit community, centered around family and friends. No matter where you stop in Winona, you're sure to see a friendly face, whether it be to top-off your tank with gas, get a bite to eat at the Mom & Pop's eateries, or a quick trip to the Family Dollar, any day's a good day to be a resident or visitor in Winona.
The Winona Independent School District is a class unto its own. They not only take pride in being "Home to the Wildcats," but also in being fully accredited by the Texas Education Agency and classified as AAA under the University Interscholastic League enrollment guidelines. Widespread community support is manifested in active booster clubs and parental programs. In the school district, community pride and high expectations for educational quality serve as driving forces in the district's quest for excellence.
Situated less than 10-minutes from Star Mountain Ranch is the heartbeat of Tyler, Texas – it's Main Street Downtown Area. Home to numerous attractions, restaurants, and businesses, all powered by the locals within the community, Tyler's heart truly beats to support its residents. As the Rose Capital of Texas, it's always a Rosey Day in Tyler! Whether you love getting outside and playing at the park with your kids or furry friend or sitting down to enjoying a great meal at a local eatery, Tyler has something for everyone in the family, with plenty of local attractions, restaurants, local parks, shops, and community events, all packed in to one charming and family-friendly downtown area.
• The Bonner-Whitaker McClendon Houston • Gallery Main Street • Liberty Hall Theatre • Tyler Public Library • Tyler Innovation Pipeline • Historic Cotton Belt Depot / Train Museum • The Discover Science Place • East Texas Symphony Orchestra
Hit the Bricks on the second Saturday of every month, Downtown Tyler celebrates Hit the Bricks. All sorts of local vendors and organizations host their events Downtown, so be sure to mark your calendar and stop on by! For more information on the events, follow Downtown Tyler on Facebook and visit the "Events" page to find each Hit the Bricks Event.
• June 11th – Summer Festival • July 9th – Classic Car Show • August 13th – Kick-Off to Comic Con • September 10th – Troubadour Festival • October 8th – Texas Rose Association Music Fest • November 12th – Local Arts Festival • December 10th – Sip & Shop Texas Festival Learn more about exciting by checking out EGuide Tyler's downtown event calendar!
• Black Pearl • The Foundry Coffee House • Rick's on the Square • Don Juan on the Square • The Porch at ETX • ETX Brewing Company • Moocho Burrito • Taqueria El Lugar • Sportszone Bar & Grill • Café 1948 • Janie's Cakes • Rhea's Hot Links • Mi Mexico Lindo • Andy's Frozen Custard • Tyler Tortilla Factory • Wendy's • Tapatio's Grilled Chicken • Chick-Fil-A • Culture ETX • Little Caesars Pizza • True Vine on the Square • Uncle Jacks Kitchen • Prime 102 • Lourdes Marie Bakery • Brick's Bar & Grill • Shine Coffee Shop
• Moss – "Where flowers are fair" • Backbone Hair + Beauty • Ye Olde City Antique Mall • Cindy's Balloons • Bills Unclaimed Furniture • Rose City Farmers Market • Mac's Gun Shop • Hacienda Gallery Vintage Shop • Ladies' Time Beauty • Best Jewelers • Vintage History • La Michoacana • Ethel's Treasure Quest • Lucio's Boot Repair & Western Wear • 808 Repairs • Smith Monster Offroad • Salon Selections • People's Barber Shop • Lulu's Beauty Salon • Family Dollar • Salvation Army • HandUp Resale Store • Goodwill
Parks & Recreation
Features at Tyler parks include picnic areas, pavilions, restrooms, baseball/softball fields, soccer fields, tennis courts, playgrounds, basketball courts and a couple feature water spray-grounds and pools!
• Bergfeld Park • Children's Park • Emmett J. Scott Park • Faulkner Park • Fun Forest Park/Pool • Glass Recreation Center at Woldert Park • Golden Road Park • Hillside Park • Lindsey Park • Pollard Park • Tyler State Park
• Sunrise Paw Park is a four-acre HAPPY PLACE for dog owners and their pups! It is open 24/7 and there is no charge to use it. • Bossart Bark Park is an 8-acre community park with acres of rolling hills and trees to share with your family and your four-legged best friends. Open daily from dawn to dusk, Bossart Bark Park allows pet owners the opportunity to enjoy the outdoors with their pets. The park offers both a small and large dog area for visitor safety, pet friendly water fountains, comfortable bench seating for pet owners to supervise their pets while playing, and plenty of parking.
Totally Texas. All American.
Situated an easy 15-minutes from Star Mountain Ranch is the town of Longview. With rolling hills, art enriching events throughout the year, and fun-filled festivals to enjoy, this is a place to truly feel at home. Full of creative people, diverse culture, and fascinating history, Longview is a small city that is very big on service. When you take a deeper look at Longview, you'll discover there's more than piney woods – sure there's pines, but there's also oaks, maples, sweet gum, honey locust, and red cedar which provide a beautiful springtime through summer and can blaze with fall color well into November, but what really makes Longview a special place are the people.
Attractions & Events
• Air U Trampoline Park • The Social Snap • Arcade at Longview Mall • Chuck E Cheese • Exit Theory Escape Room • G-Force Trampoline and Karting Complex • Lazer X • Longview Bingo Center • Longview Escape Room • Lumberjacks Axe Throwing • Nip it Golf Indoor Golf Center • Oil Bowl Lanes • Putt-Putt Golf and Games • Regal Longview Stadium 14 & RPX Movie Theater • Rock Point Adventures
BREWERIES & WINERIES
• Oil Horse Brewing Company • Enoch's Stomp • Fairhaven Vineyards • Los Pinos Ranch Vineyards • Pineywoods Wine Trail • Rowdy Creek Ranch • Thirsty Pines Tour
This thriving area has so many local events going on each weekend that your weekends could be jammed packed with one adventure right after the other. Or you can casually explore the area and meander from one fun activity to the next. Whatever your style, the best part about Longview is there is always something fun and different to do no matter the season! Check out Longview's Calendar of Upcoming Events
Museums, Culture & Events
• Gregg County Historical Museum • Longview Museum of Fine Art • Longview Public Library • Longview World of Wonders • R.G. LeTourneau Museum and Archives • Veterans Plaza • East Texas Oil Museum • Rangerette Showcase and Museum • Texas Museum of Broadcasting & Communications • Gladewater Museum • Harrison County Historical Museum • Memorial City Hall Galleries • Michelson Museum of Art • New London Museum
ARTS & CULTURE
• ARTS! Longview Cultural District • ArtsView Children's Theatre • LeTourneau University Belcher Center • Create ART! Studio • East Texas Symphonic Band • Longview Ballet Theatre • Longview Symphony • Painting with a Twist • The Mud Hut • Theatre Longview
ZOO AND WILDLIFE
• Busy B Ranch • Caldwell Zoo • Cherokee Trace Drive-Thru Safari • Gators & Friends: Exotic Petting Zoo & Adventure Park • Lazy Z Mini Ranch & Petting Zoo • Lonesome Dove Drive-Thru Safari • Tiger Creek Animal Sanctuary
Parks & Recreation
• Broughton Recreation Center & Park • Cargill Long Trail • Guthrie Park & Trail • Heritage Plaza • Hinsley Park • Ingram Park • Jack Mann Splash Pad at Lear Park • Kidsview Playground • Lear Park Sports Complex • Longview Arboretum • Longview Swim Center • Mobberly Trail • Paul G Boorman Trail • Spring Hill Park • Stamper Park • Teague Park and Veterans Plaza • The Green
Stragent Dog Park This 7-acre off-leash park has a fenced area for large dogs and a 2-acre off-leash fenced area for small dogs. Bring your pooch and have a ball!
• Alpine Golf Club • Alpine Target Golf • Longview Country Club • Nip it Golf Indoor Golf Center • Pinecrest Country Club • Tempest Golf Club • The Challenge at Oak Forest Country Club • Wood Hollow Golf Club
Known for its pleasing blend of East Texas country charm and modern conveniences, the area around Star Mountain Ranch offers a diverse set of activities and events that are sure to appeal to all ages and interests. For a big city venture out of the beautiful East Texas country, the major cities of Fort Worth and Dallas are both just over an hour's drive from your new ranch homesite.